Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Co-op "Guide"

4 posters

:: Gameplay :: Co-Op

Go down

Co-op "Guide" Empty Co-op "Guide"

Post  TheWu Fri May 28, 2010 1:09 am

Co-op can be really fun to play, and easy to win with the right strategies. The following strategies are not the only ways to win Co-op but they are personally the ones I've had most success with.

THE GEAR

One thing to remember when choosing gear for coop, is that you aren't playing against humans. No matter how much you jump over them/run around them with you infiltrator or airborne, they will not get frustrated and have their head explode, like humans do Razz. So its better to choose armors with attributes like +def or +ts, so that you can withstand the hits you inevitably take, or dispatch them more quickly to avoid those hits. As for weapons, the vaporizer is the best to use, period. Don't ever let anybody tell you otherwise, unless a better weapon comes out. if you not going to use a vaporizer then the thing to consider is more what weapons not to use.

For starters, DON'T USE the menacer. all the drones float, so your little "mines" won't do anything. Also I don't like the hurricane, because to use it effectively you have to get up in the drones face, and that will kill you most of the time. Also avoid the weapons that suck i.e. The Stinger, The Devastator, Plasma Cannon/Dual Cannon ( i guess it doesn't really suck, but don't use it for coop).

The Strategy

ANNEX
Strategy 1
you and your partner will spawn in the two little "caves" on the corners. come out of the caves but stay near your respective corner (one on each side) as the drones come out, they spawn on each side, and down the middle, you and your partner should snipe them with your vaporizers. each drone should take one or two shots. when the prototype dudes come out, you may have to be more mobile, but return to those positions afterward.

Strategy 2
This time when you come out, one partner preferable using a vaporizer, will go straight to the middle, but closer to the back wall, while the other goes straight up in the drones faces, preferably using a "heavy" weapon (one of the launchers). the Heavy weapon person destroys most of the drones with his massive damage dealing launcher, while the vaporizer dude picks of stray drones and covers the heavy weaponeers back.

Junction
Junction and Annex are practically the same map, and the same strategies will work for both.

Strategy 1
The same vaporizer strategy will work here

Strategy 2
another strategy, is to have one person with a high damage weapon hide in that cave thing that connects to the to the rest of the corridor. as the drones spawn, they can take care of them quickly then snipe for the other person in support.

Rooftop
Rooftop is a much larger map than Junction/annex, and accordingly is much harder

Strategy 1
So the Drones in Rooftop are very mobile which can make it difficult, because stray drones must be found and killed. A good way to prevent this is to have one person attack from under the bridge or that area, and one person from around the corner where you spawn. You should try to contain the drones in that elevator section, but if using a weapon with knockback, make sure not to knock the drones onto the elevator, because every second counts in this map. Also try as hard as you can not to die in this map, as it wastes more time, because it takes a few seconds to get back into the action.

Warehouse
Now this map is even bigger than rooftop!

Strategy 1
This map is relatively simple, I recommend both players stay on ground level, and strafe around taking out the drones as fast as possible. very straight forward. The one annoying thing about this map is that the drones will randomly go explore the other rooms, costing you time. this is where you need to be speedy, because the longer it takes to finish each wave, the less time you have to finish!

Courtyard
very easy map

strategy 1
the same as warehouse basically.

FIN

Please comment rate blah blah criticism blah blah blah

also I didn't forget Factory, but I rarely get it, so i figured I would leave it out.

TheWu

Back to top Go down

Co-op "Guide" Empty Re: Co-op "Guide"

Post  gl0wstick Fri May 28, 2010 1:11 am

Niceeeeeeee, Wu
gl0wstick
gl0wstick

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWu Fri May 28, 2010 1:13 am

thanks

TheWu

Back to top Go down

Post  RawrFull Fri May 28, 2010 1:45 am

Thank you, im glad to see a dedicated member like you =]
RawrFull
RawrFull
Admin

https://nrg-101.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gl0wstick Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:27 pm

^
gl0wstick
gl0wstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Flamesfan34 Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:07 am

Um menacer is the second best coop weapon what are you talking about? You have to aim at the bots and when the bots run (float) over the mines they take damage
Flamesfan34
Flamesfan34

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWu Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:23 pm

flames maybe its just my opinion but i don like menacer for coop and also WOW MY TOPIC GOT STICKIED WOOOOTTTTT

TheWu

Back to top Go down

Post  gl0wstick Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:55 pm

everyone is titled to their own opinion. Cool
gl0wstick
gl0wstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Flamesfan34 Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Oh ok I didn't see your IMO if you posted one Neutral
Flamesfan34